I just have to say that I LOVE the month of August. I think it is our busiest month of the year. We are all settled in our new home and love it! We had officially been in our new home for 1 month and then the boys and I took off to Arizona for 10 days. Yes, me and 3 kids on an airplane. CRAZY, but we got there safe and sound. Anyway, we missed Chad of course but had an AMAZING time with the Ash clan! So...here is how we started the month off..
Parker jumping off the waterfall. He had to make sure he could do all the cool tricks his cousins did, so we did our fair share of practicing while they were off at G&G Packers. Pretty sure he succeeded!And then there's Talmage. So cute. He wouldn't even leave the steps, but got the courage to jump to me a few times.
Parker and Mont playing in the hot tub.
While we were at grandma's house. We had a b-day party for all the August & September cousins. Uncle Tate and Aunt Syrell planned all the fun games. Here is Par with all his gear on cutting up Twix bars.
Can the man just chillin. Too small to play with the big kids.
Game #2 blowing the cup off the table. Tally was especially fond of this game. This is him obeying the rules. I didn't get a pic of him punching the cup off the table so he could win faster!
#3 Get the oreo to slide in your mouth. Or do it Tally's way and just take it off your head and eat it. He pretty much picks and chooses how he wants to play these games!
#4 3-legged race. As you could assume by the size differences, Parker and Mont had this in the bag.
Elle and Cannon getting out of the way in a big hurry!
Game #5 Dry, Dry, Wet.
Tate and Syrell were the best birthday party game planners EVER!
We gave my beautiful sister-in-law a surprise baby shower. Due in November. Also if you are in AZ and need a place for lunch go to CRACKERS. It was amazing. I was a little obsessed with it for some reason.
And of course more swimming. We love night swimming!
Cannon ball and Bentley
Randers lost 2 teeth while we were there. We were all so happy for him!
And once again, Tate takes on all the boys for some awesome night swimming. They all love their uncle Tate!
On to our 2nd event of the month....Parker's 6th birthday. We flew home on his big day and Daddy was right there with balloons to welcome us home.
He's pretty much a transformer himself.
And when you leave the cake up to Daddy, this is what you get- Happy Birthady. At least Parker didn't catch it...
And then this day came. The day we knew was coming but didn't want to really think about. KINDERGARTEN! Chad and I were a bundle of nerves, and couldn't wait to see how is day went. Parker was so great and so excited about it and had an awesome day. When he came home from school he said, "and tomorrow is supposed to be even cooler!" So our little boy (okay not so little anymore, I feel like he is so grown up) conquered his 1st day of school. And after 6 years of hanging out with my first born I do have to say it was a little weird not having him around. But I had the chance to focus on these 2 boys-
and boy was it fun. And funny.
Last but definitely not least, We celebrated Cannon's 1st birthday.
Can I get a "hoot hoot"?!
Best part of his birthday was watching him devour his cupcake! Legs kicking, him squealing, and arms flapping- he was just a wee-bit excited to eat it!
And of course his favorite present was a little Tigger my 89yr old grandma sent him.
Love this boy. So sweet and happy. And just figured out how to give kisses. Happy Birthday Cannon!
And there you have it. Whether you wanted it or not. Our Over-load of August.




5 comments:
FUN! I still can' believe Parker and Merritt are 6! Ha ha to Chad's birthday cake, but double points for trying (and it was homemade!) Love the owl cake! So SO SO cute! All you boys are just adorable!
I can't believe Cannon is a year old. It went by so fast. It looks like you had a great month. I'm glad you survived the plane ride. You are amazing for traveling with all 3 of them.
It was so fun to see you guys!! i love how parker said "tomorrow will be even cooler" That made me laugh bc i can picture him saying it. love the owl cake sooo cute, maybe ill copy it! and the pic of tally and can with the straw is adorable!!
What a crazy fun month for you guys!! The kids just keep changing and growing and way to go with three kids on the plane. My kids would have to totally know how to take care of themselves while their mom is barfing the the barf bags. I hope to be like you someday!! I love the owl cake! Very cute. September 14th is almost here!! Can't wait. My first trip to Texas!!
your post made me feel like a million bucks- you truly are so sweet!! and i absolutely adore the owl cake- you did such a good job! it was good to see you guys- take care!! miss you!!
Post a Comment