Thursday, July 15, 2010

Summer fun in the Arizona Sun

The boys and I just got back from our little trip to Grandma's house.  This time around it was a "no-husband allowed" trip (well not intentionally, the hubby's just happened to be in school/work so it kinda worked out nicely that way).  It was so great to be with my sisters (all but 2 were able to come) and my mom.  Being very much prego I was a bit on the lazy and un-energetic side but nonetheless it was a super fun trip.  4 out of 7 of us girls are all having babies this year so we had plenty of reason to shop, shop, shop!

Parker loved the sparklers for the 4th of July and poor Talmage grabbed the wrong end of one which ended his fun pretty fast...


Parker has been looking forward to Grandma's pool ever since he finished swimming lessons this summer. And boy did he make some progress.  The first day he was so proud of himself for jumping off the step and immediately grabbing the wall. On the last day we swam, he would swim to the middle of the pool then turn around and swim back to me...major progress for this guy!!  We miss the pool already!


And these two....well Talmage was quite a little bully to his cousin Rose.  She put up with him over and over again (sorry again Whit).  I am pretty sure from this picture that he is devising some plan to steal that ring away from her.  We did however find them giggling with each other every so often, so that made up for the tears...I think.
Grandmas grand idea of painting hats. The boys thought it was so cool and Parker had to wear his in the airport so Daddy could see it the minute he picked us up.
Pretty sure Rhet was the initiator on ransacking the Cheetos bag. We found them gathered round the bag stuffing their chubby little faces.  Priceless.

I wanted to take the boys to the cemetery to see my dad's grave. They didn't really understand it but I got the picture I wanted.
Thanks for a FUN trip fam!

5 comments:

Craig and Crystal said...

Which 4 are having babies? I know of you...and Tristin...who else?

The Durfee's said...

Ah it looks like you guys had so much! I wish i could have been there with everyone! Wow super proud of parker for swimming in the deep end all by himself, i think those swimming lessons sealed the deal. I love the pic with the 3 little ones eating cheetos. Hopefully we see you guys soon...don't know when but hopefully soon!!

Stamp With Linz said...

What cuties- I want a picture of the cute preggo Mama, though. :) Glad you had a good time, girl times are the best!

Nan and Aaron said...

What a fun idea. I would LOVE to do that with my sisters. What a great mom/grandma.

The Packers said...

it was so fun to see you and the boys. i am jealous that you took your boys to papa's grave-i was wanting to do that and I totally forgot. good for you!!!