Friday, January 23, 2009

A day in Dallas

Yesterday we thought it would be fun to take the boys up to Dallas and spend the day together.  Chad has been up there a couple times once for  Monday night football  when the Cowboys played and once for a BYU game, but the rest of us wanted to see the big city for ourselves.  And boy was it big!!  First we went to the Dallas World Aquarium.  There were all sorts of rainforest animals and of course the creatures of the sea.   It was a really nice place and they made it look identical to what I would think a rainforest would look like.   They had waterfalls all over, we saw alligators, penguins, a manatee, sharks,  jaguar, birds, crazy looking sea horses, stingrays, turtles, flamingos, octopus, monkeys...seriously I can't think of everything we saw, but it was super cool. 

This little birdie almost gave Chad a heart attack!!  These not so cute little birds with their honkin beaks fly all over the place.  It flew right in front of Chad and  landed on the stroller.  I quickly covered Talmage so nothing could land on him.  I will just say that we left that part of the rainforest PDQ !!
Tal with one of the waterfalls behind him.  I can't tell if he was that excited to be there. 
This part was really cool b/c you walk through a tunnel where the sharks swim over you and then see them through the glass walls.  There were sooooo many of them.  None the size of JAWS luckily!!



Now if any of you can remember Parker's 6ft. tall pink flamingo this truly brought back memories!!  I don't know what it is about these animals but Parker sure thinks they are pretty cool. 
I thought this octopus was pretty cool myself, Parker thought it was so weird that it has so many buttons. 
Chad and I were able to go to the Dallas Temple, taking turns of course.  It was the nicest and calmest part of our day and the boys were really good for us.  

We ended our day by hitting up the Hillsboro outlets and going to Braums for dinner.  Chad had a Braums on his mission in Oklahoma so we couldn't pass up a trip there when we saw it. They seriously have the best burgers and ice-cream.  We stuffed ourselves silly!!

10 comments:

Sarah Mennear said...

that sounds like a wonderful trip! The boys look too good! Love you guys

Chelsi said...

Sounds like a fun day! It's fun to be in a new place to explore new surroundings.

Andrea said...

We want to go there so bad, it looks awesome. We can't wait to come visit you guys. And obviously we would have given anything to see Chad's face when that bird was flying at him!

Josh and Shyann Croke Family said...

Josh is so jealous you went to Braum's. He loves that place!

The Packers said...

looks like you guys had tons of fun. i love parker's poses in the pics. what a crazy kid! how cool are those sharks swimming all around in the glass walls-that would have been totally cool. --so is the dallas temple the closet temple? what kind of drive is it? at least you guys were able to go-even if you did have to take turns.

Blaise and Tia said...

Thanks for that very sincere comment Chad! That is probably the nicest thing you have ever said to me! Sounds like you had fun in Dallas. Parker is hilarious!

Meggie and Russ said...

Hey, next time you want to go to the temple just let me know and I will watch the boys for you so you guys can go together! Looks like you guys had fun!

TonyaKuykendall said...

Yay for family fun... and Dallas. I love big cities for only that reason... The rest I can live without....

Whitney said...

i love how parker is like overly excited in all his pics . . he's getting so tall! i love that the freaky bird scared chad . . that made us laugh!

Leah said...

Love the buttons on the octopus and the PDQ phrase. I haven't heard that in so long. We still haven't been to the aquarium yet. We'll have to go in March! Fun.