Today was Parker's 1st day of Preschool. We packed his backpack with his show and tell toy in it and laid out his clothes last night to get him even more excited. These pictures seem to have caught just a little bit of his excitement! I'm doing this with 5 other moms in our ward. We trade off teaching each week and have a separate week as a helper. They are giving me a few freebee months so Talmage can be a few months old by the time I will actually start teaching at our home. Parker did really well today considering I was there the whole time. I hope it doesn't take too long before he feels comfortable having me just drop him off. These other mom are very organized with everything so the schedule is all laid out and we just have to put our own twist on it depending on what we are teaching each week. I am probably more excited for this than Parker is. The learning part is going to be great but I am looking forward to the social and interacting part the most since Parker struggles a lot with playing with other kids while Chad and I aren't around. He loved being a part of all the activities today. He was the weather helper for the day which he thought was pretty cool. For show and tell he brought his bug catcher and told everyone his favorite bug is a spider and when it starts to rain we have to get our umbrellas. For the kindness jar the kids go around saying something that they did that was kind. Parker of course just told them that he went to the fair and saw some cows. We'll definitely be working on things during the week!!
8 comments:
I can't believe he's old enough for school! They grow so fast don't they?!! I still remember the day Parker came home and told me he went golfing with Chad and he'd told him that you guys were naming your baby Parker William, just like his name! We miss you guys!
soo cute! Look how big he is getting!! I love his responses to the preschool questions!
wow! very impressive! so is it just one day a week. that's not bad at all. where did the lesson plan come from? can i get it on line or is it from one of the moms?
so fun! i can't believe he's turning into a blondie?!! so i wan't to know what this school schedule is? do you have anything you can email me? sounds fun and fun for you . . in a few months!
Wow fun big day for Parker, did that make him feel all grown up to go to school? He is such a cutie.
So cute! Can't wait to do this with Grant next year! Yeay! miss you guys!
What a good idea for pre-school. I'm so glad things are coming together for you there. Parker is such a cute kid. I hope he is able to warm up well to interacting with the other kids.
LOVE the second picture of him. His little grin is so cute. He is so much fun and my girls love to play with him. He'll be ready for you to drop him off before you know it!
Post a Comment