I have to publicly thank Blaise for driving with Chad the 24 hours or however long it took to drive from Idaho to Texas. That drive just sounds horrible! Parker and I took the easy way out and hung out in AZ with the fam for a week which was so fun! Thanks to Blaise's hard work we now have a beautiful tiled entry way. Just what I had been hoping for- a little piece of Blaise in Texas!!
Parker turned 3 this week!!! My little boy growing up so fast its hard to believe. We had been planning to take him to Sea World for the big day but my 8 month pregnant body wasn't too keen on the idea. We headed to the Zoo here instead and I barely survived that. It was probably close to 100 degrees with 100 % humidity!!! Parker loved every bit of it even though he kept telling me "Mommy, I'm so sweaty"!!! Carol & Jory came to visit which was so fun and unexpected. It worked out perfectly that they were only 2 hours away from us. We all went to Peter Piper Pizza for lunch. Chad was already planning his next birthday there- He was so excited when he won the Deal or No Deal game and it was shooting out his 100 tickets. He was pretty entertaining like I'm sure you can all imagine!! Since we had been without a refrigerator for 5 days I bought Parker his b-day cake at Walmart and had some friends come over and celebrate with us. It was a really great day!
This move has already been really good for us. Chad has met quite a few law students who are so nice to answer ALL his questions and have given him the ins and outs of the law program. With all the stories I hear I am already nervous for him to start! The program is extremely intense but I know that Chad will put first things first and Heavenly Father will help him out whenever he needs it. Parker loves his new swing set in the backyard and of course his new "girl" friends. Everyone here is so friendly and welcoming. It was an easier adjustment than we had anticipated. I'll post some pictures when I can figure it out!!!
8 comments:
Wow, I'm glad your move is over with, and it's nice that you got to break it up, and not have to drive it all in one or 2 days.
Have fun getting use to the humidity, I've just barely gotten use to it again, and I grew up with it. But Summer should break next month and it won't be so hot. :)
And Happy Birthday to Parker, what a big boy!
Congrats! We already miss you guys. You have to post as often as you can so we can see and hear what's going on. Good luck with the rest of the adjusting... hope to see pics of your new home soon!
Yeay! I'm so glad to hear that things are going so well! I hate being so far away from you guys... we will miss you. Happy birthday Parker! You are a saint to take him to the zoo in the heat and stuff... did your ankles swell up??? hehee. Keep in touch.
Happy Birthday Parker! Has it really been 3 years already? Glad to hear the settling in is going so well. Make sure you make it to San Antonio at some point. It's a fun city!
Hey guys. We are so glad you are doing great in Texas. Hope to see some pictures of your new home soon. Is it hot there? Have fun!!
You know I will give you lessons anytime you want them for your mac!
It was so fun to come to the party. Parker is so cute and I love how much fun he and the girls have. Hey, I got you invited to dinner this Sunday! Call me and I'll give you the details.
Chad will do great in law school! He really will.
okay-so wasn't parker's birthday a couple weeks ago. hello, where are the pictures. i know you are pregnant and all but come on i want to see the birthday pics-especially the cute cake you made him-you make him a cute cake every year and so you need to update. -love ya!!!
Wow! Your baby is practically born already! Wow it just seems like yesterday we went out for Pizza and talked about life. Well I hope you are having fun in Texas! You are probably glad that Pocatello is in the past. We are moving in December...yay! Happy Birthday to Parker! Take Care!
Post a Comment